Renovating for The Long-Term Enjoyment and “Sell-Ability”!
Carrying out a professional renovation can not only give you years of valued enjoyment, but it can also bring a great return on your investment when the day comes that you choose to sell your home.
Many home buyers today love to move into an established neighborhood with more spacious lots and mature landscaping but also want a “ready-to-move-in” house that needs little or no work. A house that has been kept up-to-date with tasteful and professional renovations will always sell before the one that is dated and tired.
If and when you choose to sell, your “ready-to-move-in” house will attract a ready buyer at a higher price and maximize your return in tax free dollars. In the meantime, you add value while enjoying years of enjoyment. While the renovation requires a cash outlay, it should be viewed as a great investment not an expense.
Here are some of the best renovations for pay-back:
- Absolutely the heart of the house!
- It’s where everyone seems to gravitate to.
- Is your kitchen an asset or a negative?
- MPB can show you their many value-added kitchen transformations designed and built by us!
- In many cases we move or eliminate walls to create an open concept.
- It will be the room you never want to leave!
AVERAGE PAYBACK: 75% to 100%
- Next to the kitchen buyers are looking for updated and attractive bathrooms, especially the EN-SUITE.
- The list of wants and needs starts with a nice soaker tub or an oversize shower with multiple shower heads, 10 mil glass walls and doors, quartz or granite counter tops with under-mount sinks, spacious and practical higher height vanities and a heated floor to top it off – and the list goes on!
- Let MPB transform your bathroom and deliver years of enjoyment and a great payback.
AVERAGE PAYBACK: 75% or more return
- In many of the renovations we have completed, the fireplace in the living room or the family room has seen its best years.
- Today’s fireplaces are far more efficient with a clean “window” look that is free of trim or bulky frames.
- In many cases, a flat screen TV replaces the traditional picture above the fireplace.
- Fireplaces come in many shapes and sizes – some very traditional and others more modern with glass or rocks instead of the traditional log set.
- From traditional mantels to modern designs MPB can create the look and function you desire.
WINDOW & DOOR REPLACEMENT
- Always an investment worth considering for both comfort, energy savings and payback.
- Designs have changed dramatically over the years from turned oak spindles to the use of metal spindles in a variety of styles.
- In many cases, the staircase is one of the first features you see when you enter a house.
- MPB has worked on a variety of staircases over the years, including oak spindles.
COMPLETE HOUSE MAKE-OVERS
- MPB has completed a number of complete house make-overs, revitalizing the living areas in the process.
- We would never recommend a major house renovation for only resale reasons.
- Perhaps you are just not ready to downsize or move to a new neighborhood with small lots and less privacy.
- If the kids are gone and you love your space and neighborhood and friends and your local connections, then let MPB transform your living spaces!
- A complete house make-over is for your long-term enjoyment and a statement that you love where you are and it’s just time to do a make-over for the long term.
- We are ready to help show you how we can change your old space into a new and exciting living space!